The producer’s resource for forage production, feeding and grazing
The single most variable cost in livestock production is feed! From grazing in summer on tame and native pastures to feeding in the winter through conventional or extended grazing systems to animal marketing, cost effective production begins and ends with forage/feed. This program aims to aid producers in decreasing their cost of production while increasing their value of production.
The goals of this program are to:
- Demonstrate effective winter feeding systems in Northeastern Alberta
- Reduce costs associated with winter feeding systems
- Improve crop production efficiency through feed testing, ration-balancing, pasture/grazing management etc.
- Determine the highest yielding and quality annual crops for whole-plant forage production
- Aid producers in annual and perennial forage selection
- Provide producers with current marketing options and risk management strategies