Posted on April 24, 2017
Cropping Program Agronomist
Lakeland Agricultural Research Association
Application deadline: May 12, 2017
Lakeland Agricultural Research Association (LARA) is seeking a full time Cropping Program Agronomist based out of Fort Kent, Alberta. LARA is a producer directed agricultural research association. Through applied research trials, demonstrations, and extension activities LARA provides unbiased agricultural information to local producers.
The Cropping Program Agronomist is responsible for all aspects of the LARA Cropping Program:
· Small-plot research trials
· Field scale and on-farm research trials and demonstrations
· Demonstration plots
· Extension activities (workshops, field days, tours, newsletter articles, etc.)
Duties include: trial development, seeding, spraying, plot maintenance, trial management, data collection, harvest, data analysis, report writing and staff supervision. There may be additional responsibilities depending on experience and interest.
Qualifications: The successful applicant will have the following qualifications.
· B.Sc. in Agriculture is preferred but a Diploma in Agriculture will be considered.
· Demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work independently in a multi-task environment.
· Interpersonal and communication skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel powerpoint and publisher) and Windows.
· Valid class 5 drivers’ license.
The following will be considered an asset:
· Experience with agricultural research trials.
· Experience working with a board of directors and on committees.
· Knowledgeable with the use and maintenance of agricultural equipment.
· Budgeting experience.
Candidates must be eligible for registration with the Alberta Institute of Agrologists.
Applications may be submitted to Alyssa Krone by e-mail at [email protected].
Resumes will be received in confidence until the position has been filled. LARA thanks all those who apply but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.