- This event has passed.
When Stress is More Than a Season – Lesley Kelly
November 17 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Farming can be both a rewarding and demanding occupation where farmers experience highs and lows and mounting stress. Everyone feels stress and there can be lots of negative stress on the farm. As farmers, we know how to recognize stress in our livestock, crops, and equipment. But do we know how to recognize when stress is too much for us and what we can do to help get through those stressful times?
In this presentation, Lesley will share 5 tips using her “Weather the STORM” strategy and the things she’s learned that have helped her family and farm get through stressful times such as:
– S – Stress: What stress is and the signs and symptoms to watch out for
– T – Take Action: How to recognize and ask yourself when stress is too much; and knowing that your stress is real but it may be different to what someone else is going through
– O – Open Communication: How our farm overcame the stresses together through communication and how to talk about mental health on the farm and in agriculture.
– R – Relationships: What to do when stress from the farm and relationships spill over into each other and can impact our relationships and potentially, the farm
– M – Management: Stress management tips and tools to help yourself and others when stress is high and immediate and long term strategies
Join us November 17th at the Ashmont Agriplex for Supper at 6:30 with Lesley’s presentation to follow.
To register call the LARA office at 780-826-7260